Water! Water! Drink more water!

Many people are dehydrated and just don’t know it.. Ever get a headache that seems to come out of no where? Try a full glass of water and see if it goes away.                                                                                                               

Water is one of the most important things we put in our bodies and is used for everything that is crucial to life. We are 25% solid matter and the rest is 75% water. Our Brain tissue and muscles are 85% water.  Even mild dehydration can cause metabolism to slow, short-term memory loss and major loss of energy.

Not drinking enough water, a high protein diet, drinking excess amounts of caffeine and/or alcohol, pregnancy, exercise, sweating, vomiting, and diarrhea are just some of the reasons why you may be dehydrated. For every cup of coffee you drink, you need 2 cups just to balance out what you’ve lost.

On average you should be consuming: Your body weight in pounds divided by 2 which will give you the amount of ounces you need.
One glass is 8 ounces.
Example:
If you weighed 160 pounds
160 pounds divided by 2 = 80 ounces, 80 divided by 8 (ounces per glass) = 10 glasses of pure water per day.

Here are some ways your body may be trying to tell you it’s dehydrated:

Dry, leathery skin
Dry or chapped lips
Stools are hard and dry
Tendency to form kidney stones
Poor digestion
Heartburn
high blood pressure…..the list could go on and on but my point is this….DRINK MORE WATER!

Try to avoid water that is chlorinated or has fluoride added to it and remember water has no calories so try replacing any pop, sugary juices, and coffee with water.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s