1. Water – No matter what you are trying to do from losing weight to nicer skin or just to be healthier we need water. The general rule with this is take your body weight divided by 2 is the amount of ounces. There are 8 ounces per cup so for example if you weighed 160 the equation would be: 160/2= 80 then to find how many glasses per day 80/8= 10 glasses of water per day.
2. Exercise – You can join a gym, take the stairs, get some friends together for an exercise DVD and have fun with it or simply go for a walk. Whatever interests you when it comes to exercise is what you should be doing. It truly is amazing how much better you feel once you get up and moving and sweating is the key to eliminating toxins from your body so get up and get moving. Your body will thank you!
3. Eat more vegetables – I know everyone hears this all the time but the nutrients in vegetables (especially green) vegetables are extremely important to every part of your body (including your brain). Try making salads, stir-fry’s, spaghetti sauces, wraps and pizza’s etc.. Anything that you can throw tons of veggies in but are super quick, easy and tasty will be your best bet.
4. Reduce sugars – Ideally I would like to suggest to eliminate all processed sugars (not including sugars from fruits) however I realize that in today’s society unless you truly need to for your health, most people are not going to do this. So reduce it, try using natural sugars like Stevia and agave nectar which are just as tasty but way better for you. REMEMBER: Stay away from Aspartame, Nutrasweet and any other made man artificial sweetener. Studies have shown that they can actually make people gain weigh as our bodies have no idea what it is and therefore have a very hard time digesting it.
5. Reduce Fast Food – I’m not asking you to give it up entirely, just asking that if your norm is to eat it twice a week, try to reduce that to once a week or once every two weeks, once you start eating healthier your body will crave good food and it will be easier to pass on the greasy fast food. If you must eat at a fast food joint try to choose the “healthier” menu and always get water instead of pop.
There are many more things you can do to be as healthy as you can be but these are a few simply ways to get your body feeling better and i guarantee you will want to continue on the path to living longer, healthier and happier.