I recently read an article about the 5 best foods to keep your eyes healthy. I took the best parts and shortened it down for a quick reference.
1. Leafy greens: Packed full of antioxidants they lower the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
2. Fatty Fish: Tuna, Salmon and Trout are rich in DHA, a fatty acid found in your retina. Low levels have been linked to dry eye syndrome.
3. Almonds: Filled with Vitamin E they have been shown to slow down macular degeneration. One handful provides about half of your daily dose of Vitamin E.
4. Citrus and berries: These fruits are powerhouses of Vitamin C, known to reduce the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
5. Eggs: The yolk is a prime source of lutein and zinc which helps reduce macular degeneration.
Eat up and keep your eyes healthy!!!