Ugh………….It’s that time of year again when everyone you know is sick. You’re washing your hands more than normal, increasing your multi vitamins and trying to avoid anyone who looks or sounds like they even have a sniffle. Here are a few other ways to help keep yourself heathly and feeing great.
1. Whenever anyone in your household or anyone that shares a common space gets sick, make sure to disinfect. I”m not talking by using harsh chemicals all you need is 2 drops of eucalyptus oil in a spray bottle of water. If eucalyptus is not your thing, just plain white vinegar cleans and disinfects just as much as any harsh chemical cleaner you can buy at the store but doesn’t leave your house covered in chemical hazard residue.
2. Get enough sleep- our bodies heal and are rejuvenated during our REM cycles so especially if you feel something coming on or are trying to ward of that bug everyone has make sure you are getting your minimum 7 hours.
3. Eat Garlic- Garlic is the best anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, health promoting food out there! Eat it on everything and eat lots of it. If you are worried that people might think that you smell like garlic don’t worry they are all stuffed up and can’t smell anyways. 🙂
4. Drink lots of filtered water- Water helps flush out toxins so they don’t accumulate and take the attention away from your body being able to fight off any infections, virus’s or bacteria not allowing them to fully exhibit themselves in your bodies resulting in a cold or flu.
5. Exercise- Based on the same principles above sweating removes toxins from your body and also helps increase your metabolic temperature. Bacteria and Virus’s dont thrive in extremely warm temperatures it’s the same reason we get a fever when we have the flu. So get your body heated up however you like running, hot yoga, involve a partner ;), etc..
6. Last one is stay positive, if you start to feel something convince yourself that it's nothing or even if it is a cold or flu that it's going to be short lived. Dwelling, complaining and whining will only prolong your illness.