Asparagus has soo many health properties but can be intimidating for someone who has never attempted to cook it. It is one of those things similar to tofu that when cooked right is absolutely delicious…if not.. well it also makes really good compost. Here is an awesome, fool proof recipe to help introduce aspargus and all it’s health properties into your meal plan.
* Asparagus is packed with antioxidants, ranking among the top fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals.
* Absolutely loaded with nutrients: Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium.
* Along with avocado, kale and Brussels sprouts—is a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals. This is why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast, colon, larynx and lung cancers.
Asparagus Soup Recipe:
* Sauté 1 Tablespoon of garlic in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
* Add 6 cups of low-sodium broth
* 2 1/2 Lbs. of asparagus
* 6 cups of califlower
* 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
Simmer until tender, puree.