It’s the time of year when everything is starting to cool down and the dramatic changes in temperatures can cause our nails to get dry and brittle and even split.
Try this all natural recipe to keep your nails healthy and strong all year around.
2 eggs yolks
1 teaspoon of olive or avocado oil
Soak nails for 5-10 mins twice a week.
The biotin in the egg yolk and the triglycerides in the olive oil penetrate the nail bed and work to nourish and strengthen nails.
In this day and age everyone is looking for an easier way to eat healthy, or the quickest way to loose those extra couple pounds. Sometimes it’s not about the easiest or fastest way that gets you to your goals but eliminating refined sugar from your life could be one of those methods.
Try replacing your sugar with honey, not only are you eliminating something refined and void of any nutrients that is actually really bad for you but you are replacing it with something that will still give you that sweet tooth fix but is packed full of nutrients, good bacteria (that aids in digestion and that our body requires) and powerful antioxidants called polyphenols. Antioxidants help to get rid of the free radicals in your body that cause diseases and pre mature aging. Let me make that crystal clear. Honey helps fight wrinkles and keeps you healthy!! Sometimes you can have your cake and eat it too!!
Try to find a unprocessed honey, possibly organic although no honey can truly be organic if it’s labeled the producer may have done their best to try and accomodate that.
1. Vitamin C – One reason is that Vitamin C is a powrful antioxidant that protects against skin damaging free radicals.
Aim to get at least 1000 mg. daily by adding more vitamin C rich foods in your daily diet. Try guava, it has the biggest concentration of antioxidants of all Citrus fruits.
2. SugarCane – The skin around your neck and hands can be a bigger give away to your true age then the skin on your face. Load on a cream made with an property found in sugarcane. It’s called Glycolic acid and for all of us that are aging, this just became our best friend.
3. Coffeeberry – As we age our skin’s natural oil production decreases which means increased dryness. Coffeeberry and yes it’s made from the fruit of a coffee plant eases dryness and helps skin stay supple all day long. The secret is the polyphenol antioxidants which helps to maintain moisture and avoid the damage from dryness.
4. White tea – Researchers from Kingston University tested 21 plants and herbs to find out which one works best to firm sagging skin, white tea outperformed them all. It is extremely high in antioxidants that reduce wrinkles and helps prevent the breakdown of skin firming elastin and collagen.
5. Last but certainly not least we have buttermilk – Ever notice those brown spots or slight skin discoloration, now you’ve found a cure. Butter milk contains a mild acid that safely and gently removed the top layer of skin, reducing the appearance of any imperfections.
Age gracefully and beautifully my friends!!
As everyone women ages we want to keep our youthful look and a big part of doing that is to keep away wrinkles and fine lines. For youthful and smooth skin without adding hours or even minutes to your routine: Before showering start by washing your face and patting it dry. Then slather a thick layer of moisturizer onto your face and gently massage it into your skin for 30 seconds. Next, jump into the shower as usual and rinse your face last. The shower’s steam will open pores so they can absorb the moisturizer’s nourishing ingredients.