It’s the time of year when everything is starting to cool down and the dramatic changes in temperatures can cause our nails to get dry and brittle and even split.
Try this all natural recipe to keep your nails healthy and strong all year around.
2 eggs yolks
1 teaspoon of olive or avocado oil
Soak nails for 5-10 mins twice a week.
The biotin in the egg yolk and the triglycerides in the olive oil penetrate the nail bed and work to nourish and strengthen nails.
I recently read an article about the 5 best foods to keep your eyes healthy. I took the best parts and shortened it down for a quick reference.
1. Leafy greens: Packed full of antioxidants they lower the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
2. Fatty Fish: Tuna, Salmon and Trout are rich in DHA, a fatty acid found in your retina. Low levels have been linked to dry eye syndrome.
3. Almonds: Filled with Vitamin E they have been shown to slow down macular degeneration. One handful provides about half of your daily dose of Vitamin E.
4. Citrus and berries: These fruits are powerhouses of Vitamin C, known to reduce the risk of developing macular degeneration and cataracts.
5. Eggs: The yolk is a prime source of lutein and zinc which helps reduce macular degeneration.
Eat up and keep your eyes healthy!!!
When you don’t have time for a trim or you’ve been “O.D.ing”with your flat iron try this quick fix for split ends.
Whisk 1 egg yolk, 2 Tbs. of Olive oil and 1 Tbs. of Honey, apply to damp hair, wrap either in a towel or shower cap and leave in for 3o minutes. The honey and olive oil will moisturize and the egg’s lecithin will “seal” the ends.
You’ll be amazed at the results. All for under $1.00 with no chemicals required.